How to inspect your home for termites
We recommend you use our termite inspection services as it can be difficult for untrained eyes to spot the presence of termites, especially subterranean termites. If you are going to do this yourself here’s what to look for…
- Mud around skirting and door frames.
- Paint peeling off the Gyprock.
- Tap wall with hand and hear mud drop.
- Hollow sounding wood.
- Damaged paint or holes in timber.
To properly inspect your property…
- You’ll need to get into crawl spaces and probe with a pick or screwdriver
- Pay special attention to wood close to the ground
- Check all sills, subfloors, window frames, decks and posts
- See if there’s any wood close to your property such as old tree stumps
- Check any gaps in brickwork close to the ground
If you find termites or see signs of termite activity DON’T PANIC. Termites eat quite slowly. The worse thing you can do is spray the termites with fly spray. Simply call us on 02 6887 2825 or call Nathan directly on 0438 841 798 and we’ll carry out a full inspection and be able to advise you on the best solution for your property.
What types of termite inspection do Dentec offer?
We offer a full pest inspection service, complete with a comprehensive 12-page report in an easy to understand format. Within the report, we include photographs, comments, high risk areas and whether pest/termite damage is or has been present.
We’ll also let you know if there is wood rot, leaks and other areas which are prime targets for termite infestation.
Whether you’re protecting your biggest asset or looking to purchase a new property, our full pest inspection service is only a phone call away on (02) 6887 2825.