Pest Inspection Dubbo
Your home is almost certainly the most valuable asset you’ll ever own and the most expensive to maintain, especially if there are defects to correct. Similarly, as a business owner, your premises are vital to the smooth running of your company and need to be in as perfect a condition as possible.
If you are looking to buy a new property, acquiring one with serious failings can be an expensive mistake, causing years of unnecessary stress and cost. Consequently, before you commit to the property, you should arrange a building inspection to ensure the premises are sound and a pest inspection to determine there are no actual or potential pest infestations.
What is a pest inspection
A pest inspection in Dubbo involves inspecting all accessible areas internally, externally, in roof voids and beneath subfloors. It will include all structures, garden borders, trees, stumps and fence lines. Once complete we will also provide you with a comprehensive 12-page report.
Do I need a Pest Inspection when purchasing a home?
What’s the cost of a pest inspection?
We are very prompt with pre-purchase pest inspections because we know they take priority. We can even organise a building inspection for you to be done at the same time for your convenience. Simply call us on (02) 6887 2825 to check our schedules and book your inspection – or contact us here.
A Pest Inspection in Dubbo is essential for every Property Owner
Dubbo and the rest of New South Wales often have perfect conditions for pests to flourish. This puts property at risk because the presence of pests in large numbers can be very destructive for those properties and their contents.
The general principle when dealing with pests is to act quickly, to detect and eradicate them before they can do too much damage. This means organising a professional pest inspection that will determine if pests are present and what needs to be done. Read More
The Right Inspection for every Pest
Pest inspections are of two main types:
- pre-purchase inspections that check for the presence of pests before you buy a property; given that damage by pests can be expensive to repair and will not be covered by buildings insurance, this is essential before you commit to your investment.
- routine inspections that are made at regular intervals and are necessary to detect pests early before damage becomes too great.
It’s absolutely essential that you arrange a pest inspection to check for infestations of all types, the main threats being:
- Termites, which are probably the most destructive pest in Australia. They will enter your property through gaps in the walls or by burrowing underground to search for a food source. They will eat any wood, including the framework of your property, and can cause immense damage.
- Rodents, with the main threat being rats, although mice are also a problem. They spread disease but also cause damage by chewing through pipes and cables.
- Bed bugs that get into furniture, clothing and bedding, causing irritation by their bites and requiring the replacement of affected items.
- Cockroaches that breed rapidly and spread disease, cause damage and are generally unpleasant.
- Silverfish that will eat through clothing, furnishings and books, and are mainly active at night so you don’t see them.
Organising a Professional Pest Inspection in Dubbo
At Dentec Pest Management, we don’t concentrate on one particular pest but inspect a house for pest infestations of any kind. Our aim is to give you and your property complete pest control solution in Dubbo.
We’ll inspect the interior and exterior of your property, including every room, attic spaces and outbuildings. We’ll make use of the latest technology to check the spaces we can’t physically get at, using thermal imaging cameras, motion detectors and moisture meters.
What we rely on most of all, however, is the skill and experience of our technicians, who know where to look and what to look for. This includes visible damage to timber and upholstery, deposits in and around the property and electrical faults that may be caused by gnawing on the wiring.
Our inspectors are very thorough and will spend as long as is necessary to conduct a complete check. After that, we’ll promptly deliver a comprehensive report that will detail any detected pest activity, property failings that attract pests or allow easy entry and recommendations for treatment and future prevention.
Our pest inspection report will give you a detailed indication of what’s needed, both immediately and in the future. We can then take the recommended action to eradicate any problems you have and then re-inspect regularly to deal with future infestations although, if you follow our recommendations, these are far less likely. Read Less